When you pick ecommerce platforms, you’re not only deciding how your store will look and operate, but how much it will cost you over the life of your business.
To show you how the total cost of ownership, we wanted to share the results of a 2016 Price Intelligently study that breaks down the costs and benefits of platforms including Magento, Volusion, Shopify, Demandware and BigCommerce.
image source: PriceIntellegently
Overall, PriceIntellegently also lets us know that each of these ecommerce platforms command impressive usage numbers with either really big retail names (Demandware) or tens of thousands of businesses using their platform (Shopify, Magento and Bigcommerce). While each platform had their pros and cons, here’s some interesting facts of each company from a pricing viewpoint:
- Demandware and Bigcommerce were the only companies that tied price to value by tying pricing to performance through a value metric (% of Gross Merchant Value for Demandware and by order volume for Bigcommerce)
- Magento and Demandware had extremely long sales cycles
- Shopify was exceptionally quick to discount
- Bigcommerce offers the best value and the superior commerce platform for mid-market businesses
BCP Digital Marketing handles most of those ecommerce platforms on a regular basis and when making the decision of what would be the best shopping cart platform for your business website, we use the same points in our decision making process.
Take a look at the complete article and let us know your thoughts. If you decide that one of those ecommerce platforms is right for your business, it doesn’t matter if you’re in Jacksonville, Florida or not, let us know and BCP Digital Marketing will create you a fantastic online store that not only looks great but converts those shoppers into customers as well.
We are recognized as a top E-Commerce Design & Development Company on DesignRush”
Latest posts by BCP Digital Marketing (see all)
- What Kind of Blogs Are Most Successful? - January 17, 2020
- 8 Amazing Websites for B2B Designed to Get Customers - December 17, 2019
- 8 Brilliant Dental Marketing Ideas to Grow Your Practice - December 3, 2019